Heartfelt thanks to all who made 2016 another good year for the Seattle Buddhist Center! Your donations, involvement, energy and enthusiasm in the last year helped us to:
- Maintain and grow our sangha. Regular Sangha Night attendance is steady and interest in our programs continues.
- Host visiting Order Members, allowing us to benefit from their wisdom and experience and be exposed to different voices and perspectives.
- Offer the 3-day retreat at Sun Lakes, as well as several non-residential retreats on weekends.
- Offer scholarships to help participating sangha members go on retreats that they could not otherwise afford.
And we have plans for 2016. In addition to our regular menu of offerings, we hope to take our collective practice deeper through:
- Continuing with a quarterly schedule of visiting Order Members, making these visits more intentional and integrated into our program. This will allow us to nourish these relationships and build more continuity of connection, further fostering a sense of the interconnected, international nature of the Triratna Buddhist Community.
- Continuing with retreat offerings and scholarship support for sangha members.
- Expanding practice opportunities with practice days.
We need your help to make these things happen! Our center is entirely volunteer-run and all of our expenses are met through pledges, donations and revenue from classes.
Monthly pledges are especially helpful as they enable us to budget more effectively. In 2015 pledges ranged from $30 to $250 per month. Donations are tax deductible. We are registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
To pledge, please contact Kerstin at email@example.com